Our Latest Newsletter
Our third group of juried Fellows arrived this past Monday, and we’re delighted to welcome them. They include, left-to-right in the photo above:
- Samira Abbassy, visual artist (NYC)
- Gabe Brown, visual artist (Kingston)
- Jeremy Dennis, photographer (Southampton)
- Megan Galbraith, writer (Valley Falls)
- Michael Morse, poet (Brooklyn)
Save the date and join us for our second Open House on Sunday, August 21 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm (readings begin at 2:30 pm) and see what this group has been working on. Free and open to the public. Bring a friend!
Saltonstall Alums Honored with NYFA Fellowships
The New York Foundation for the Arts recently announced the recipients of their 2016 Artists’ Fellowships. Three Saltonstall alums were honored with this award!
- Dina Kantor (’13) and Lida Suchy (’10 + ’16) in the photography category
- Gary Sczerbaniewicz (’16) in the Architecture / Environmental Structures / Design category
NYFA’s Artists’ Fellowship Program makes unrestricted cash grants of $7,000 and is highly competitive. Congratulations, Dina, Lida, and Gary!
Works above (l:r) by Dina Kantor, Lida Suchy, and Gary Sczerbaniewicz
Lisbeth Firmin (’04) Open Studio This Weekend
Lisbeth’s studio is located in the Commons Building, 2nd Floor, 785 Main Street, Margaretville, NY.
Jessica Cuello (’15) Wins Washington Prize
Jessica finished this manuscript during her residency and read from the collection at her Open House. Congratulations, Jessica!
Jason Karolak (’14) in McKenzie Group Show
Painter Jason Karolak is currently exhibiting new work in a group show at McKenzie Fine Art in NYC.
Shahrzad Kamel (’14) Solo Exhibition in Iran
Photo above of Shahrzad (r) at her opening reception courtesy of Ab/Anbar Gallery.